I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Saturday, January 14, 2012

STRAWBERRIES in the KITCHEN !!

All of Christmas is taken down and packed away in the Kitchen now. I have to finish taking Christmas down in the Den then the entire downstairs will be done and I will start decorating for Valentine's Day.

But in the mean time, I thought I would show you what the Kitchen looks like now.

I set up this little vignette on the Hutch.....

I have a lot of Coca Cola items in my Kitchen along with tea pots and many other vintage things.....

My Birthday is the end of this month and when we visited my friend Anne Marie a few weeks ago, she gave me my Birthday gift from her......

She had wrapped up in cellophane a beautiful Gift Basket but in my eagerness to open it up, I forgot to take a picture of how beautiful it looked. I could really kick myself.....

The Tea pot and the 2 Tea and Toast sets are what she gifted to me along with French Vanilla Tea, Chocolate Chip Dipping Cookies, Strawberry Jam and the Adele 21 CD ( which I LOVE)!!
Thanks so much , Anne Marie!!

I do have some of my Valentine's Day candy out and the little cup cakes and pies are actually ornaments!

Love the pretty Strawberries on the Tea Pot......

And on the Tea and Toast sets....


I love how this plate is shaped.....

So dainty.....


And here is my Hutch.....

Every thing is back to normal now with Christmas put away....

I did keep the bowl of cookie cutters out.....

And of course, I have to get my candlelight shot in......

I don't know if when Anne Marie picked out the Strawberry Tea Pot and Tea and Toast Sets, if she realized how many things with strawberries I have in the Kitchen....

A picture of a basket of strawberries.....

A strawberry pie plate.....

Strawberry picks in my canning jars.....

And more on the counter bar....

See them in this arrangement.....


Just had to show you that I am using a vintage juicer as a candy dish for Joe's Candy.....
Everyone who knows us knows that Joe loves his candy.....

I might as well show you the other side of the counter bar.....
I keep my ID badge and all of my pens for work in a vintage refrigerator container...
This is what they used before Tupperware.....

I did not realize all the strawberry items that I have in the Kitchen either.....

I wanted to show you the pass through from the Kitchen into the Den which used to be my window.....

I left the garland up after Christmas as I will be hanging some hearts from it soon....

I bought the mercury glass candlesticks at Wegman's Grocery Store after Christmas on Clearance.
I decided to place my two vintage yellow fiesta ware tea cups and saucers on top of them.

I left my vintage utensil ornaments on the chandy and added a cute ornaments about Sisters that my sister gifted to me....

And in staying with the tea cup theme , I placed a wire tea cup filled with a set of 20 white lights on top of a red vase......

I also added some coca cola glasses on this shelf......



And of course, lit up.....



This is how it looks as I am sitting in my chair by the computer in the Den.....

You can see into the Kitchen.....

Stay tuned for upcoming Valentine's Day and Winter decorations.

I will give you a hint...There is still a tree on the side of the Kitchen Hutch and it is not a Valentine's Day tree.......

Did I make you curious?????

I am linking up to these parties:

Cozy Home Party Tuesday

Tea Time Tuesday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tabletop Tuesday

Home Decor and Organizing Link Party

Wow Us Wednesday

Rednesday

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

Open House Party Thursday

Homemaking Link Up Party

Home Sweet Home Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Potpourri Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sunday's Best

Seasonal Sunday

Masterpiece Monday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday

Amaze Me Monday

Metamorphosis Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

32 comments:

Bloggymom said...

What a pretty strawberry tea set.

Mari said...

Wow it all looks soooo cheery and pretty Debbie, I to love the strawberry set set ;)

Xo~
Mari

Beth said...

The vignette on your hutch is adorable! I love your strawberry tea set too.
Hugs, Beth

Nancy said...

Hi Debbie,
I am new to your blog and want to say I will be back! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful friend to give you the beautiful teapot set.
Nancy @ Two Cottages And Tea

kitty said...

I love strawberry things, too!! Are the tea pot & tea & toast sets vintage or new? I LOVE them...oh my, I am drooling over how adorable they are!!!!!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I always looking at all your things, Debbie. What a clever use of the juicer as a candy dish. I also like the contrast of the yellow cups with the red. Everything looks nice.

Lavender Cottage said...

A sweet tea set from your friend.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
I love your tea and toast sets! The strawberry themed tea things just add a little more magic to your kitchen. You have wonderful friends!
I had to laugh when I read that Joe has a candy dish because my hubby loves his candy too! It must be a mailman thing! ;)
Thank you for sharing this with Tea Time and I hope you're having a good week. Stay well!

Blessings & hugs,
Sandi

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

Your kitchen is my favorite room in your house. I've seen that teapot design in person, so I know it's adorable. Looks like you'll have fun with all your other goodies too!

I'm more of a pastel shabby girl, yet for some reason, I always love red and white in the kitchen. Love seeing all your fun things. It's obvious how much thought you put into making your house a home! Thank you for sharing this post at my party.

EllenaElizabeth said...

What a delightful vignette, love the red accents. Also love your depression green mixing bowl, I have one almost the same. It was my Mums. Thanks for posting.

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Debbie...Love your strawberries and reds. Love, Love Love 'em. These are just too cute!!

Nann

PS I'm also following you now. I thought I already was but found I wasn't. But I am now!!!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Your birthday gift is lovely. I adore all your strawberry themed accessories ... how appropriate for the kitchen!

Kim K. said...

So many fun strawberry goodies. I can't wait to see your Valentine decor too. As soon as the Chinese New Year is over, I'll be switching out our CNY tree for Valentines.

Snap said...

The strawberry tea set is adorable. Fun post. Happy Tea Day!

Que Bella said...

Oh, you have so many goodies displayed! I love strawberries, too. Your tea set is beautiful. ~Michelle

Johanna said...

Hi Debbie,
the strawberry theme is so matching to the vibrant red. Lokks fruity and fresh. I love that.
Best greetings, Johanna

Barbara said...

Hi Debbie and thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment about the Phila. Home show. I was so surprised at how much they had there. Lots of great stuff to buy too.

I have to say I love your strawberry theme!!! So pretty and fresh!
Have a wonderful evening Debbie!!!

Jessa Irene said...

Oh how wonderful are strawberries right now! So sweet. Love the teapot. Beautiful details.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Debbie, Love the tea set. What a wonderful friend. She knows just what you like.
Jann

Elaine said...

The tea pitcher is so sweet.. I'm drawn to danity little patterns like on e one on it.. Your displays in the hutch is so charming.. love your pictures.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Those little plate are precious. I need to get to the Valentine things...but not yet!!! Maybe next week....Have a good one!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

What a delightful collection you have! I especially love the tea and toast sets, so darling.

Happy Rednesday!

~~Carol~~ said...

I have a feeling that there is a Valentine tree soon to come! I just love how you decorate, Debbie. Every room is full of personality and very unique touches!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your blog makes me smile. You have a great collection.

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Hi Debbie! Thanks so much for linking up your beautiful post! I've been slowly collecting strawberries for mykitchen, too!

Have a lovely weekend!

Mrs. Sarah Coller

Barb said...

Hello Debbie,
I like all your lovely strawberry themed accessaries. What a lovely present the tea and toast sets are. Everything looks so pretty with the lights on.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

SueLovesCherries said...

What a beautiful tea set! If I didn't love cherries so much, I think I'd be into strawberries! What a great display in your "window" - it looks so nice. (Yikes! I better get some of my Valentine stuff out!)

Sonia said...

Oh you strawberry tea set just stole my heart. I love teapots and your is so adorable! Love all your reds..you are all ready for Valentine's Day!!
Miss Bloomers

The Tablescaper said...

What an adorable tea set. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Sherry said...

Love your tea set Debbie! Strawberries are a favorite! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

I love your kitchen, especially the hutch!! What great displays..very inspiring!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013