I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SOME REDS and GREENS

The Greens......

I have not decorated for St. Patrick's Day in several years.

I used to decorate my Dining Room Tree but since there is not a lot of time between Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter, I opted to skip St. Patrick's Day and go right to decorating for Easter after Valentine's Day.

Since I seem to have been elected as the resident decorator for various Holidays at work, I pulled out all of my St. Patrick's Day decorations.

I did take some into work but I realized that I did have some really cute ornaments.

So you know me, I decided to leave up the 4 foot tree in the Den, which I usually take down after Valentine's Day ,and turn it into a St. Patrick's Day Tree.


Now I didn't have a lot of things to decorate this tree with and I found that I had some vintage St. Pat's postcards ( have no idea where I got them from ) so I added them to the tree too.

I added green beaded garland and white and green carnations......

Here it is lit up with white and green lights.....



And here are some of the ornaments......

Vintage postcards.....












And some Tea Pot ornaments......



And underneath the Tree, I have a vintage St. Patrick's Day Cup......



You can see it is Lefton.....

And a Hat and Gloves.....

I have also decorated my Department at work for St. Patrick's Day.

I made wreaths....



I decorated the small tree at the Nurse's Station and brought in 2 wooden plaques.....

Since this is a small tree, I just added green Shamrock lights, tucked a few white and green carnations in and wrapped the tree with some green wired garland and added a bow on top.....

The Leprechan was a flea market find many years ago....

Occupational Therapy decorated the windows outside of our Day Room......

And I placed a small alpine tree on the window sill, added green lights, green ornaments and more green wired garland to it

The Reds....

March 19th is the Feast Day of St. Joseph. My Father-in-Law was born on March 18 so he was named Joseph. However, one year later, his brother was born on March 19th and he was named John since my FIL had already been given the name of Joseph the year before. Then my hubby and my oldest son were also named Joseph.

For some reason , St Joseph is a favorite Saint of the Polish and Italian people and all who are of Polish and Italian descent. I actually read somewhere that it was the European immigrants response to the Irish celebrating St. Patrick's Day in this country.
The color RED is often used to symbolize the Feast of St. Joseph , who is the patron Saint of all Fathers, Workers and Families.

You may remember I showed you a sweet Strawberry Tea Set that my friend, Anne Marie, gifted to me which made me realize that I had a lot of Strawberry items in my Kitchen.

Then I told you all the story about my online friend, Lynn and some precious items that were her Grandmother's that she sent to me.
Please click HERE to read my post on " What Your Blog May Mean to Others"

Strawberry curtains that were made by Lynn's Grandmother

Lynn had told me that I could alter these any way I chose but I really did not want to alter them in anyway since Lynn's Dear Grandmother had made them herself.

And luckily, I did not have to........

They fit perfect in the Kitchen pass through that I like to disguise as a window and the panel is perfect for covering up the shelf beneath the microwave which is something I always wanted to do!!

Don't they just look wonderful????????

Can you imagine that this was a perfect fit?????


I just love how they brighten up the Kitchen for the coming Summer months....


I am just so thrilled with this look which adds to the warmth of my Country Victorian Kitchen....

My dear friend, Lynn, THANK YOU once again!!


I added a little seed sack garland that I had on top of the curtain......
I have to look if we have some more of the chain left from when we hung the Gallery sign so I could drop it a bit lower so the ruffle of the curtain will show better.

And I love how warm and cozy they make my Kitchen look at night......

Lynn, every time I look at these sweet curtains, I will think of you and your dear
Grandmother !!
I absolutely love the way they look in my Kitchen!!
THANK YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND!!!

I then moved the lace valence that I had in the pass through above the sink after taking down the garland that I had there for the Winter.....

The lace looks bright and airy there, I think!


I am slowly returning the house to the way it looked before I started to decorate it for Christmas. The 7 foot LR and DR trees are packed away down our Storage shed and all the Winter and Valentine's Day decorations have been put away.

I will now be able to start to decorate for Easter and Spring!!

It was in the 20's here this morning but we may be seeing temps. in the 60's by the end of the week here in Pa.!!

I am linking up to these great parties:

Home Decor and Organizing Link Party
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Open House Party Thursday
Homemaking Link Up Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Tickled Pink Friday
Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Masterpiece Monday
Show and Tell Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Cozy Home Party Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday
Tea Cup Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

St. Patrick's Day Party

Luck O' the Irish Party

St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl

St.Patrick's Day Linky Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

49 comments:

Marilyn said...

My Dad is of Welsh descent & being he was from Olyphant they always had a big Irish dinner on St. Patrick's Day. He always said that when he was growing up everyone down in da Valley was Irish on St. Patty's Day!!
Love you kitchen.....
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Grammy Goodwill said...

Your St. Patrick's Day tree looks so enchanting and magical. You've decorated it so well. The postcards are a good addition.

Kim K. said...

Your St Patty's tree is just delightful. I'm skipping this holiday but will be eagerly decorating my sunroom tree for Easter in the near future. Your kitchen is just darling. So very very cherry.

Lynn Crum said...

Debbie,

I sit here with tears dripping off my cheeks as I look at those strawberry curtains. My Grandmother made those back in the 1970`s. They were in her kitchen for many, many years. In high school I took a ceramics class and made my Grandmother a strawberry canister set to match her curtains. You cannot imagine the joy it would have given her to see how wonderful they look in your kitchen. Could they have been a more perfectfit? It`s as if they had been made just for those areas.

Words arent enough to express my gratitude for how you have touched my life.

I have always considered myself to be a very lucky person to have had my Grandparents in my life for 47 years. Although they passed away last year, after being married for 66 years,and I thought my life was over,God sends me the gift of a very special ANGEL. That ANGEL my dear Debbie is you.

As I was dealing with my depression, I have no doubt it was God who carried me.But, I also have no doubt, he knew exactly where to sit me down.

I was right. My life will never be the same. But,thanks to you, Debbie,I can go on.

craftyles said...

I love all your St. Pats decor. Your kitchen looks so cute and love the starwberries!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course you have a St Patrick's day Tree!!! You do more decorating for St Pats day than I do for Christmas LOL! I guess it was totally meant to be that the curtains fit perfect, some times it is just divine intervention...Meant to be!!

Carol

Beth said...

Debbie, I love your strawberry tea set! Also I think your St. Patrick's Day tree looks beautiful. I love that little coffee pot ornament. Nice decorating, both at home and at work, Debbie.
Blessings, Beth

Melody said...

Oh Debbie, How absolutely perfect! It just finishes the spot. I am partial to strawberry tho;)

Anne@A Little Fur in the Paint said...

Delightful blog! I'm a new follower! ♥
Anne

Rebecca said...

Oh sweets! I'm amazed at all your fabulous St. Patty's Day treasures. I'm Irish on my Daddy's side...they came directly from Ireland and he was sooo proud of his heritage. Your pretties make me want to do a jig!

xoRebecca

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your strawberry tea set! Also I think your St. Patrick's Day tree looks beautiful. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape.
I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Darling reds and greens! Love your St. Pat's decorations!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Debbie --

I am so glad you decided to decorate a tree for St. Patrick's Day. You have some lovely ornaments and postcards.

Thanks for stopping by my post and leaving the sweet comment.

Debra

Something Special said...

I love your St. Patrick's Day tree. Lite up it is ab-solutely gorgeous. It is so wonderful how you decorate a tree for each holiday. I am actually excited about St. Patrick's day this year! And I am Irish!

Jan said...

Your house doesn't look like any other house I've seen in the decorating blogs I've been frequenting. I really like that you are an original and are following your own unique decorating vision. After online viewing so many interiors that all seem to have merged into each other and look, well - ALIKE - yours is a refreshing change. I think the strawberry curtains look fab!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Debbie, you are quite the decorator. Your St. Pat's trees are so cute and I'm sure they must love you at work! Of course, I love the wee teapots on your tree. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a delightful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jori said...

Wow Debbie! Everything is beautiful! I love your vintage St. Patricks cards!! You certainly have made the hospital cheerry too! They must love you! :)

Joy said...

I am sure the patients really enjoy all your efforts. Love the St. P's decor. Where did you find the shamrock lights?

Nezzy said...

Girl ya certainly have the red and green goin' on there.

What a grand celebration of St. Pat's Day and you haven't let one little leprechaun down. Ya did it up proud sweetie.

Oh beautiful strawberries and touches of red, what a happy kitchen you've made.

God bless ya and have a fantastic weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Marydon said...

I just had to come over & take a peek to see what you did for the 'green' ... & as always, you've outdone yourself, once again, Debbie. Just gorgeous.

Have a lovely PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~Giveaway ends 3/15 ~

lynne said...

Happy Pink Saturday &
St Patrick's Day
This is such fun.
Wishes
Lynne

Jeanie said...

How festive! I do love your antique postcards!

Happy Weekend!
Jeanie from The Marmelade Gypsy

Poppy said...

What a delightful St Patrick's tree... the pretty ornaments especially the vintage postcards and tea pot look adorable!Love the little tree at the nurse's station with the green shamrock lights! I love the strawberry print curtain made by Lynn's grandmother... they look bright and cheerful in your kitchen. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures and for your loving words on my decorative books. Have a lovely weekend!~Poppy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Debbie your tree looks fabulous! and so does the decorating you did at work. AND I love the strawberry curtains , how wonderful to have a sweet friend to send you something so special.
(())

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you came up with so much for St. Pat's day-that's a hard one to decorate for!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you came up with so much for St. Pat's day-that's a hard one to decorate for!

Olivia said...

Hello my darling dear friend! HOw are you? I bet you will not get pinched you have alot of pretty green st pattys decor! I always adore visiting with you! Ooohhh la la that kitchen is simply delightful!
Big squishy hugs,
Olivia

Sonia said...

Wow Debbie! Your St Paddy's tree is so pretty! I love the teapot ornaments and the vintage paper ones too!
Great job! I can see why they chose you to be the department decorator at work! The nurses station looks beautiful! I work with a nurse who loves to decorate for each and every holiday! Thanks for your sweet comments about the little cottage...I was totally in love with that place. Can't you see yourself living in a little place like that-I can! Have a great weekend!
Miss Bloomers

Audrey said...

Debbie ... loved seeing all your decorations. You are one talented lady and so busy. I am sure you make a lot of people happy.
Blessings.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Kathleen said...

I love that you decorate your work place for St. Patrick's Day. I am sure many enjoy it!
And your tree is adorable!
I don't decorate for St. Joseph's, :), but I make some zeppole to celebrate with my Italian friends.
Thanks for putting my St. Pat's Blog Crawl on your sidebar! See you on the 13th!

Annesphamily said...

Hi Debbie! Your St. Patrick's Day decorations are delightful! I am lucky to have window clings and a wreath on the front door! You are certainly one ambitious lady! I always enjoy a visit to you! Have a beautiful Sunday!

The Tablescaper said...

You are amazing. A tree for every season. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello dear Debbie,
Thank you for joining me for tea today. As I mentioned before, I love your trees and the wee tea things.
You had asked me if we still have snow. The answer is yes, but it's melting! We will probably get a bit more before the month is out but it's not going to stay long. Oh, I do love it that Spring coming!

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hi Debbie,
great decoration for St. Patricks Day. And the strawberries at the kitchen look really enchanting.
Best greetings, Johanna

The French Hutch said...

Debbie, I always enjoy your fabulous decorations. I think you St. Patrick's Day tree is delightful. I love your vintage cards and the wreathes are adorable. I know they will be enjoyed by all.
Happy St. Patrick's Day……..

~Emily
The French Hutch

Terri said...

Oh I am loving your post! Your tree is stunning! All those gorgeous tea things and vintage post cards look fabulous on it. What a wonderful spirit you pass around by decorating and celebrating your home and at work! I am sure you lift the mood of anyone around!
The tea cups too are perfect!
Hugs,
Terri

Mindie Hilton said...

Love all your vintage items on your St. Patties day tree! I would love for you to share your talents at my weekly Anything Goes Fri-Monday linky. I am also hosting a St. Patties linky if you want to join the fun. It is going on now.

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

HAPPY TEA CUP TUESDAY!

I'm just making my rounds...visiting everyone on the linky list....I think I'm #21 on the list...but it's not showing up yet!

Thanks for sharing your precious tea with me today.
Hope you'll stop by to read my nostalgic post about my love of collecting and using tea cups!




ciao bella

Creative Carmelina

Marigene said...

Love your St. Patrick tree, it is adorable!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Debbie,
What a neat idea, a Paddys Day tree! I love yours and all the decorations on it. The mug is a great find too!
You have a darling kitchen! Your new curtains fit perfectly. Thank you for sharing.
Nancy

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

WOW!!

You shared all sorts of wonderful treasures!

I love your St. Pat's tree, what a great idea!

I think I have the two matching teacups to your teapot ornaments!
They belong together!!

Wonderful post, such fun reading about it all!

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen said...

Those curtains were certainly meant to be yours since they work so well in your decor. Amazing you didn't have to do anything to them!

You are a very talented decorator to know how to make even the smaller holidays festive! I'd love to peek in your attic to see all your pretty ornaments. I really like the postcards, especially the girl in the green dress.

Thank you Debbie for sharing all your goodies at my party. I always love seeing your decorations!

Tisha said...

A St. Patty's Day tree - how fun! You have the most amazing collections! Thanks for sharing.

Micupoftea~ said...

St Pattys tree? Unique and fun! Have a great day~

Sherry said...

I like your St. Pat's tree. Everything looks really nice! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Priscilla said...

Ho Ho Ho love the Green Tree!

Jessa Irene said...

Such adorable St. Patricks ornaments! What a fun tree :) And I am impressed with the curtains they are perfect. Thanks for joining the party. I am pinning and tweeting this fun post.

Sarah said...

Debbie, your tree is cute. I've never seen a St. Patrick's Day tree. Thanks for sharing.

Patsy said...

I love to decorate for St. patty's...but I have never seen or done a tree. I love it, Debbie. I found you on Cozy Home scenes, and am now following! Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Patsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013