I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!



Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas...


Yes, I have started my Christmas decorating....BUT I am very behind my own schedule....

I don't decorate for Thanksgiving anymore because of the amount of Christmas decorations that I have and the time it takes to decorate the whole house.

 With at least a tree of some size in every room, I must start early because I do like to be finished around Thanksgiving weekend.

I have mentioned before that last year I had the upstairs of the house decorated by October 31st. I have not even started the upstairs yet and this year, it will be last , if I do ever get to it!

Also with the new TV stand and TV in the LR and furniture having been moved to other rooms,  I am changing things around a bit.

This also presents a problem because I am using things that I had in different rooms. When I pack away my decorations, I do it in sections containing everything from one room. So I will not be able to finish the LR, the DR and the Den until everything is unpacked from each of those rooms.

And I am losing my mind right now because of it......

The LR is almost finished except for the tree and village underneath it.  Today , we are doing the outside of the house since it is going to be in the 60's today.  We hit 72 degrees yesterday and that broke a record here.
Joe brought all the boxes and tubs for the outside of the house up from our storage shed...


I thought I would give you a bit of a sneak peek......















   Soon, I will start posting my annual Christmas Home Tour but since I have a Christmas blog, these posts and all posts that are Christmas related will be on my Christmas blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas.

I hope you will visit me there and sign up to follow that blog too. I will post links to my Christmas posts on this blog so you won't miss them.

I also want to THANK all Veteran's for their service to this country on this Veteran's Day today.

My Dad was a Master Sargeant in the Army in WWII...
He would have been 93 years old on November 17th, which is also my sister's birthday....

And Joe's Dad was a Marine in the Korean War.....

He turned 82 y/o this year on March 18th.

I am linking up to these parties:

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
   DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
DIY Holiday Highlights
 Welcome Home Wednesday Party

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspire Me Fridays 
 Flaunt It Fridays 
Fall into the Holidays

Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


27 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Debbie, it all looks so pretty! I love, love carolers!

Love the pictures too! What an honor to have men in your family who served our country.

Have a lovely week.

Marie

Kim K. said...

I know you are busy busy and we always look forward to your decorations. We finally got the last of our Halloween tucked away. The weather was amazing yesterday and the leaves desperately needed to be raked. Today, it's 40 and raining.

Mary Ellen said...

Looking so pretty already Debbie!! We have several Christmas events schedule for our house again this year so I really need to get going. Right now it is getting the stores ready-

bee blessed
mary

Leann said...

Hi Debbie


LOve Love Love it!

I won't start until Black Friday and can't wait!

I did a little shopping this am and am almost finished.

Have fun!
Leann

Penny Phillips said...

Glad to hear the weather cooperated with your outside decorating...it was cold here yesterday. 50 and windy! Brrr! My hubby is a veteran, air force back in the late 60's, and...we celebrated our 45th anniversary yesterday (child bride, lol) Yes, we got married on Veterans day! Thanks for the sneak peak, it's looking like Christmas at your house. Love the carolers! Hugs, Penny

sandy said...

Love your decorations and especially the Carolers. I collect the Carolers and have about 30 of them.

Nice tribute to veterans.
Have a great week!

Sandy ;)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It all looks so pretty! I haven't done a thing for Christmas yet. Maybe next week!

GinaBVictorian said...

Hi Debbie, It's looking good! I like your new header, that scene on the plate is beautiful! Gina

Beth said...

Your mantel looks beautiful, Debbie! You have such a knack for decorating. I read alot about a magazine "Victoria" on the blogs, especially A Delightsome Life, and I thought of you and how much you love all things Victorian - you would enjoy that publication, no doubt! Speaking of Victorian (architecture), we recently stayed at an Edwardian and a Queen Anne B & B.
Blessings, Beth

Lynn Crum said...

Deb,
Everything is looking beautiful. I started my decorating yesterday. I am also way behind! I cant wait to see everything once you are finished.

Hugs,
Lynn

Shelia said...

Hi Debbie! Oh, things are looking so pretty! I can't believe how you decorate and it's always marvelous! Sorry you didn't get started as early as you wanted to.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

NanaDiana said...

My gosh- You are getting a lot of Christmas on at your house. Everything looks just beautiful! You always do the most amazing posts just FULL of pictures! xo Diana

Betsy said...

You have everything pretty, I love your carolers. I am finally getting in the mood for decorating and even more so after visiting your site.
Betsy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
LOVE your decorations; especially the carolers under the mirror! You always make everything special and such fun to visit. I like that pretty wreath too. Thanks for sharing this at my HOME and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Deb Hen said...

Hi Deb...I am a Debbie 2!!! Would love for you to join my Welcome Home Wednesday Linky Parties at www.vintageonadime.blogspot.com LOVE your decorations....A Debbie after my own heart LOL Debbie:)

Denise said...

Oooo I can't wait for more!Love all of your goodies and look forward to your tours every year. I've been following you now for 3 years :) God bless-Happy Thanksgiving

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, One word, BEAUTIFUL!! I knew coming over to visit would be all the inspiration I need to start my decorating next weeek.
I love it all and am always amazed at how much you accomplish.
I adore the carolers and the scene. Perfect greeting on your header too.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Tami Kenner said...

Debbie you are the absolute Queen of Christmas...you never fail to disappoint that's for sure!
All the love you put into your decorating shows.
Have a happy Thanksgiving & Happy Pink Saturday too.
xo Tami

Jann Olson said...

Debbie it is coming along so nicely. I really enjoyed the sneak peak. Have fun doing those outdoor lights. We had someone install the ones on our house, but now I need to do the trees. They are still small so not too bad. Raining today so hopefull Monday or Tuesday I will get er done! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I love decorating for Christmas too, and have many carolers. I am looking forward to your home tour! Linda

Kathy Moody said...

Oh, I have been waiting to see your gorgeous Christmas decorations. Your mantel is beautiful!! It all looks awesome. Thank you so much for sharing again this week at A Bouquet of Talent. Can't wait to see more.
Hugs

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Hi Debbie
I love Christmas. Your house will be beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party last week.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Debi @ Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Marti Cooper said...

What beautiful decorations! I love the wreath and the plate. Thank you for sharing at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/search/label/craftshowcase

Marti

Jody and Stan said...

Debbie, Thanks so much for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays. What a beautiful mantel with all your carolers. Everything looks fantastic!

Jody

Jan said...

It's beautiful, Debbie. I don't know if other folks feel the same way, but every year, when I pull out my Christmas decorations and lovingly put them up here and there, and decorate the tree "just so," for awhile I think to myself "my, it sure looks crowded in here now." But six weeks or so later, when everything is taken down and put away again, things suddenly feel bare and a little bit forlorn. I think your reindeer (the white and gold ones - porcelain? - and the gold-colored ones) are wonderful! The white and gold ones especially are very finely wrought -- beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

arrielle_p said...

Wow You have a lovely Christmas decorations in your place! I like it very much and also like the way you decorate it. Can't wait to see more! :)

philippine real estate

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderfully inspirational home - hou have such fantastic decorations - you've done a marvelous job - I will be sharing your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...