I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Winter Inside Too!!

It is definitely Winter here in NEPA.......

There is snow outside and right now , it is a high of 12 degrees at 1:30pm in the afternoon!!

The Calendars say it is January........

Kitchen Calendar

Den Calendar
Den Calendar
These times are known as the "Dead of Winter " here.....

Joe is making a batch of Whimpies( Sloppy Joe's) to warm both Body and Soul.........
Ooooops!
He didn't know I was taking pictures.....
He does make a good batch of Whimpies......
 And it is also Winter inside Our Home.........

In the Kitchen in the corner by my Hutch...........
I have a little Winter Tree.....
Just a simple Alpine Tree......
Decorated with Winter Birdhouses and Birds.....
View from the Hall way.....

See the snow outside through the Back Door Window.....
The Tree is stuck into a little basket.....
And accented  with a few other Winter Goodies.....

This sweet Tea Pot which was  Flea Market find.......
As was the nest inside of it....
Love the Birds on this Tea Pot.....
The Lid is used as the topper on the Tree.....
Bird and Birdhouse ornaments are on the Tree....

And even a Squirrel.....

And an Owl or two.....
And snow is on the Tree......
Perfect in this corner.....

Remember the basket with the bottle brush tree that I bought for $2.00 at the Christmas Tree Shop on Clearance???

See what I did with it.....


A Cute mini Tea Set.....
The basket with a Cardinal and Winter Greenery painted on it and filled with snow and some cinnamon scented pine cones.........
And more scented pine cones in this crock.....
And of course, at night......

Adds a nice glow to a dark corner in the Winter....






 Now ,the Kitchen isn't the only Room in our Home that gets decorated for Winter.....

The Den is the other room where I also decorate for Winter with a touch of Valentine's Day decorations too!

But you will have to wait a few days to see the Valentine's Day decorations....
I left out my Thomas Kinkade Winter Houses....

Did a little Winter vignette on the table in the corner......

But before I show you the table top, I want to show you this cutie!!
My Dear neighbor, Ellie, has Alzheimer's and is no longer able to live in her home alone so her family has been cleaning out her home.

They gave us what they did not want to donate to our church Flea Market.

Ellie LOVED snowmen and decorated with them all Winter.

 I bought most of her Snowmen from the Flea Market as a remembrance of the wonderful Lady who was the first person to make me aware of the treasures to be found at Yard Sales and Flea Markets.  She also had been shopping Thrift Stores for over 40 years before it was a popular thing to do.
I do really miss my good friend and mentor......
I took one of the ice skates that I used on a sled up in my Guest Room for Christmas and displayed it on the table.....
And added a little Winter Scene plate and a Snow Man topper to a candle!!

I have a snowman ornament in the greenery inside of the skate.....

I kept out some Winter like pillows.....

"Snowflakes, Friendship and Winter Cheer"
And on top of the computer armiore.....
Another Winter Vignette...
A few Snow Men......

"Wanted, One Magic Hat"
I also kept out my Winter dressed Dolls from Christmas....

See the cute Snow man candle light....
The burgundy feather wreath is something I bought years ago....
And Winter has even come to Nelson Crest ......
The Nelson's better take the milk in before it freezes in this cold weather.....
Another pillow with a Winter scene on it.....
And my China Cupboard is also decorated for Winter....

On top of the China Cupboard.....
Another one of my Winter Dolls.....








  The other Skate to the pair....
 Another Snow Man of Ellie's....

























Winter Skaters inside the China Board.....
I took out anything related to Christmas......

Added some of my Red and Blue transferware dishes.....

Left the Winter figurines inside the China Cupboard....



And decorated around the floor.....

On the ottoman.....
Love the Snow Man Tea Pot and lighted canning jar....
These 2 Snow Men were also from Ellie's Collection....

As were these......
I am glad that when I look at these darling Snow Men that I will smile and remember a great lady who was like a member of our family.....

I removed any Christmas picks from this tin pocket.....
Added a mitten and another snow man ornament......





And you know I am going to show you it lit up at night, don't you?????

The table in the corner.....
The top of the Computer Armoire....



 The China Cupboard....





My Winter decorations will stay up until the end of February.

I now have my post up on how I changed my Den Christmas Tree into the Den Valentine's Day Tree.
Please click HERE to read......

I am linking to these great parties:

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party


Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
The Busy Bee's Blog Hop
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
 Everything But The Kitchen Sink

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspired Weekends
Inspire Me Fridays
Favorite Friday Party
Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
 What To Do Weekends

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop 

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays


Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tea Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
 Twirl and Take a Bow Party
Transformation Tuesday

 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

46 comments:

Barbara F. said...

I love your winter tree in the kitchen with the cardinals. So adorable, and your hutch with the blue and red plates and snow figurines is very cute too. You have patience, Debbie. xo

Penny Phillips said...

Brrrrr...12 degrees! We are supposed to be in the 60's today and I'm lovin' it! Love your winter decor esp. the china hutch..with all your sweet figurines. We are still painting the hallway, 3rd gallon of paint..whew, what a job! Hugs, Penny

gena said...

What a sweet, cozy nest you've created for the glorious winter!

Thanks for sharing!
gena

lala said...

You are absolutely AMAZING!!! Wherever do you find the energy to do it all? I love how inviting and comfy your home is, and can't wait to see what you do for Valentines Day. You definitely have given me incentive to start using my seasonal decorations.

Beth said...

Feel better soon, Debbie.
Love your winter tree and your china hutch. Love that Joe cooks, too! Stay warm. It is very cold here too.
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Lynn Crum said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! I love all the winter decor. What great memories you will have of your dear friend Ellie each year when you bring out those adorable snowmen. I love the little snowman light on the ottoman!

Your china cabinet is especially beautiful right now! I love everything about it.

Im gonna have to get Joe to share his sloppy joe recipe. I remember how great those looked from another post!

12 degrees! Yikes!!! We have a heatwave here of 27 degrees lol!

I hope things go well with your knee injection and Joes appoitment as well.

Hugs,
Lynn

Shelia said...

Hi Debbie! Oh, I haven't had a sloppy joe in so long and that sounds so good! I can always count on you to be decorated for whatever season. Everything looks wonderful and I love your little kitchen tree.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kim K. said...

You know I'm loving this post because your dollhouse is featured again! Love how you are using your ice skates too as part of your winter decorations. Your winter tress are just delightful. The girls have been off from school again today due to the snow and extreme cold. It's officially winter in MI. Woo hoo!

Mari said...

Hi Debbie,
I loveeee all of your winter decor it's just adorable....
I especially love your winter tree in your kitchen, I just have one all done up for Valentine day ;)
Your home looks like a beautiful winter wonderland ;)

Stay warm my friend ;)
Big smiles~
Mari

Shannon @ A Cozy Place Called Home said...

All your winter things are pretty Debbie. I used to be a big figure skating fan, so I enjoyed your skating scenes and the birdhouse tree is so cute. I also really like sloppy joes, so I should have been at your house that day! Thanks for sharing all your decorations with us.

NanaDiana said...

Debbie- Nobody in the world does things like you do. I think when I see everything you do I see HAPPY! Your home is happy and you are happy making it what it is...and your hubby looks HAPPY. And, isn't that what it is all really about anyway? Being happy?

I bet you make everyone around you feel like they are surrounded by warm and loving arms...friendly and loving and it shows in every piece you put on your trees, your mantles and your hutches and tabletops. I always leave here with a smile-thanks for that- xo Diana

Jeannee said...

So much rich detail - ty for sharing! I am especially blown-away by the den!!!

I hate Alzheimer's ... it took my beloved Dad away, tried to rob his personality like a hurricane blowing through. I am saddened you lost your dear one ((( )))

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Debbie: Your photos are all so pretty but I especially love the ones at night. I am a sucker for lamp or candle light. Hope the shots help your knee and take care..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Jan said...

Hi Debbie,

I recently made up a batch of sloppy joes but I used a can of Manwich and some ground beef, LOL! I have not heard them called wimpies before -- is that after the character Wimpie from the old Popeye cartoons? Those wimpies sure look good! Yum! I am in love with the bird/nature tree in your kitchen. Cardinals are my favorite birds and over the past few seasons I have started a bit of a mini-collection of greeting cards with cardinals (with or without other birds) on them and last Christmas I bought a beautiful square plate with a cardinal on it from TJMaxx, so this Christmas was the second season I put it out. I adore it! I also really love the squirrel ornament! They are another of my favorite critters, the ones I have in my yard keep me entertained all year round. By the way, I was totally struck with the beautiful photo that you have as the intro to your blog. And then I read about your neighbor and friend, who is longer being able to live in her own home. Alzheimers is such a monster disease. What a touching and fitting tribute you have put together for her, Debbie.

Maureen said...

Oooh Debbie hope your knee is better... ouch. Love all your winter decor! What a great way to still celebrate the season by taking out the Christmas items. Very lovely to have those snowmen as a remembrance to your friend.

Take care.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Debbie, I love the bird house tree. It is darling! I also like the transferware in your hutch and of course all those cute snowmen.

I also mentioned you this week in my tea party post. I celebrated my third TTT birthday this week and I thanked all my bloggy friends who have been with me since the beginning, which included you!

Thanks for sharing this at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

By the way, where did the name Whimpies come from when Joe makes the Sloppy Joes? Just curious! ;)

M.J. Powell said...

Hi,
You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

Thanks!
The Busy Bee's,
Myrna and Joye.

http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

AshTreeCottage said...

I do love that mini tea set!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your birdhouse tree is delightful! Cardinals are my favorite. How creative of you to use the top of the teapot as a tree topper.

Debra

Eileen said...

Your winter decorations are lovely. I especially like your little tree and the skate ~ they're so cute.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Debbie, I wish you good luck with your injection tomorrow and hope that all will be well. Your collection always amazes me and you really know how to put it all together in interesting ways. I spied that little teaser right away and I'm glad you gave us a close up shot. So nice that you are remembering your neighbor. This must be hard for her family too. As always, I enjoyed my visit! Linda

Ivy and Elephants said...

Debbie, your winter décor is fabulous! I love the little tree in the kitchen. (Just enough light to find my way to the frig!)
Hugs,
Patti

Jennifer said...

Hi Debbie :-) winter wonderland! Lovin all your snowmen, they are so cute. Thank you for stopping in for a visit. I love everything you decorate. Fantastic as always my friend! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs Jennifer

The Refeathered Roost said...

I love all things bird related and adore your tree! So cute1

Dawn said...

Cute decorations! I love the ice skates. I used some in my winter decor this year also.

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Hi Debbie!

I'm hosting a PINK THEMED giveaway, and I would love it if you stopped by and entered your comment for a chance to win some handmade items.
Hope to see you there!


Ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina

I'm Sally. said...

Oh, I love that sweet tree with all the birds -- so cute!

Sarah said...

Debbie, my snowmen are giving way to all the hearts that are popping up here. ;-)
Thanks for sharing all your winter goodness.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

You live in a beautiful winter wonderland home! It was so enjoyable to see all your treasures! Wishing you a lovely weekend!
Nancy

The Tablescaper said...

Lov'in all of your winter touches. The tea set is adorable.

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Beautiful as usual, Debbie! I love the cardinal tea set the best!

I've got a Homemaking Linkup party going on if you're interested in joining.

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I am always amazed at your lovely collections. You sure do keep busy decorating for each holiday and season....pass over some of that energy please!!

Linda Bouffard said...

Wow. That is a lot of stuff! I thought I had a lot of stuff! Thanks for the tour. Linda

June Caedmon said...

Lovely decor, Debbie! Sweet bird houses. I especially enjoyed seeing the angel leading the children across the broken bridge. It's one of my mothers favorite images. I have a crosstitch kit of it that I hope to find the time to make for her someday. Thanks for sharing!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Cute little cardinal tea set. So is the little tree. You have so many beautiful transferware plates in your cabinets. It's nice to have a husband that cooks too!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your kitchen winter tree is awesome, my friend! I love the cardinal teapot on the stand and the little teaset...they're are sooo very pretty. Your house is always so festive and with your hubby busy in the kitchen, simply perfect!! Have a nice week.
FABBY

Jody and Stan said...

Debbie, I love your winter tree. Such a great idea and decoration for your kitchen with the sweet cardinals. Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. You always have wonderful things to share!

Jody

Val Spiers said...

You have a lovely winter display in your home. Dinner looks good too.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Debbie,
Love that birdhouse tree and your wee tea set is adorable! Thanks for sharing this with Tea Time and have a beautiful day, my sweet friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kathy Moody said...

You sure do it up right!! I have too many favorites to name them all!! I love the tree and snowmen. So adorable. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent!! Have a wonderful week!!

Hugs
Kathy

Jann Olson said...

Wonderful Winter Debbie. I love your red and blue plates and the teapot and tea set with the red cardinal. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Stay warm my friend!
hugs,
Jann
p.s. We have my MIL's recipe for Sloppy Joes. Hubby and I both really like it. I make it every so often. Looks alot like your hubbies.

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...

Thanks for linking up your beautiful decor over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party. Hope you will join in again this Saturday!

Peggy Hale said...

Debbie I loved the winter tour. LOVE the birds! I'm a big bird lover and have 2 in my den. Zebra finches. They are messy but fun. Love your little tree. I also like seeing a man cook. lol Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Debbie, you have such a cozy little house. Love the pictures of Joe cooking in the kitchen! As always, thank you for sharing this a the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Have a good Sunday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Terri Burfield said...

Hi Debbie,
I found your blog after visiting betweennapsontheporch
I love your winter tree, I like cardinals too and decorate in Dec/Jan with them.
I have the exact same jar with the light and snowman inside and hand painted trees on the outside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013

Annual Valentine Par-tay!!!

Annual Valentine Par-tay!!!
Feb. 7, 2014