I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentine's Day Tree in the Den

I finally have some Valentine's Day decorations to share....

But first I want to THANK Sandi over at Rose Chintz Cottage  for featuring my post "I've Been Shopping!" from last week's HOME Party.

Please stop by and maybe Link up to Sandi's Home party or her Tea Time Tuesday party!!
 And also thanks Sandi for mentioning me in your blog Anniversary post and wishing you a Happy 3rd Blog Anniversary!!!!
I am so blessed to have you as a  Friend, Sandi!!

In my last post , I shared my Winter decorations in the Den and mentioned that I still had to decorate the 4 foot tree that I had in the Den for Christmas, for Valentine's Day.

This is just the first of my Valentine's Day trees.....

 If you missed my Indoor Winter decorations, please click HERE

I left some things on the tree like the beaded garland, the burgundy roses and I decided to leave some of the Winter Angel and Snow Men ornaments on the tree.....

The Den is mainly decorated for Winter at this time of year with just a touch of Valentine's Day ......
 First let me show you this cute Valentine Plaque that I bought last year at 75% off in Michael's....
Did you see the snow out the window?? Every time it melts, we just get more... We are supposed to get a few inches on Friday....

Isn't this sweet?

" LOVE is a Gift"

And that it is.....
And now to the Den Valentine's Day Tree....
I stayed with the Burgundy, Blue and Ivory color theme.....
I kept the burgundy velvet tree skirt in place but wrapped an ivory Victorian style runner with fringe around the base.

And added a Candy Box in the shape of a heart and gloves that I embellished........
And 2 sweet heart boxes....

I do like the contrast of the  ivory lace against the deep burgundy velvet.........

 Over the years , I have been lucky to accumulate lots of ornaments that can be used for Valentine's Day.

Most were bought at the after Christmas clearance sales .....
On this tree, are burgundy hearts, beige hearts and burgundy and blue toile hearts.....
I changed the bow on the top of the tree to a deep burgundy and gold ribbon bow....
It is very rich looking.....
I left the candle ornaments on the tree too.
There are also Victorian style paper heart ornaments and  transferware like tea cup and tea pot ornaments.....





 And lit up.....









It definitely casts a warm glow at night......

Here is the Den now decorated for Winter and Valentine's Day..........

 



 And this is how it looks in the early morning before sun rise  or in the evening when I have all the ambient lighting on.....
 I love the warm glow of the lights during the cold dreary Winter months....
 The Den will stay decorated this way until the end of February.  After all, February is Heart Month....
I will then change this tree over to a St. Patrick's Day tree.....

I hope you enjoyed my tour of our Den decorated for the Winter months.....

You may remember in my post "I've Been Shopping " that I showed you cans of Rust-oleum Spray Paint that A.C. Moore had on Clearance for $1.99.
Well, I went back and stocked up...
These all were $1.99 a can.
Maybe your A.C.Moore has them on clearance too....
One can never have enough spray paint, right????

In my last post, I showed Joe making his famous Whimpies...
I say "famous" because he has made them for various fund raising events at our church and gotten rave reviews.
Many of you have asked why they are called Whimpies here and not Sloppy Joe's????
I haven't the slighest idea but that is what they are called in this region of Luzerne County, Pa.
Now Joe's parents live about a half hour away and they call them Barbeques.  Barbeques here are thinly sliced hot pork, turkey or ham on a bun with relish sauce!!

 Joe has decided to offer up his " secret" recipe.....

Here is Joe's recipe if any of you are interested....

Whimpies

2 lbs. of ground chuck or lean hamburg meat
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
4 Tbsp. of yellow mustard
9 oz. of honey barbeque sauce
1 Tbsp. of ketchup
8 Tbsp. of green relish
1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
A Dash of salt, garlic salt and pepper

Chop up the onions and peppers. Brown the meat with the onions and peppers in a skillet and drain off the fat when done.
Add all ingredients together in a large pot and simmer for 2 hours.

They are quite tasty and perfect for this cold Winter weather......

Did I mention that it is 3 degrees here now??????

Truly Comfort Food....

Joe hopes you enjoy them!!

I saw my new Rheumatologist ( my other one moved away) yesterday and had my knee injected.  So I spent most of the day yesterday like this.........

With my knee elevated packed in ice.....

It was pretty stiff and sore yesterday but it is getting better.  At least I can walk. That was a major problem last week.....it felt like someone was sticking a knee in my knee.
I think the cold weather had a lot to do with it. It usually isn't that bad.

Have you noticed that I have music back on my Blogs?
I figured out how to add Play list back on the blogs so if you are interested, email me and I will tell you how...

In my next post , I will share with you how my Kitchen now looks with some Winter and Valentine's Day decorations and some of the things that we bought at the after Christmas Clearance sales.

So I hope you will stop back and visit again....

I am linking up to these great parties:

 Valentine Party with Laurie!

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspired Weekends
Inspire Me Fridays
Favorite Friday Party
Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
What To Do Weekends

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best-Feb.3
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tea Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
 Twirl and Take a Bow Party
Transformation Tuesday

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
 Everything But The Kitchen Sink 
The Busy Bee's Blog Hop

  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie







24 comments:

Penny Phillips said...

Ouch!! That knee looks painful! I had a knee replacement about 5 years ago and I love my new knee! Your home has a wonderful winter glow. Your Valentine tree is just gorgeous..but the embellished gloves really caught my eye. I need to make me some, if I can remember where I put mine! It was 70 degrees here yesterday...I thought about you teehee! Hugs, Penny

Kim K. said...

I'll be sending you another Valentine ornament to add to your special tree. You have such a lovely collection. Thank your hubby for sharing his famous recipe! I hope your knee continues to feel better and that the injection works its magic soon!

GinaBVictorian said...

Hi Debbie, I hope your knee gets to feeling better real soon. Your Valentine tree is so pretty. I really like your heart ornaments, especially the one's that look sort of like toille in blue and burgundy (with the cherub in the middle). Thanks for sharing. Gina

Stephanie said...

Everything is so beautiful and festive for Valentine's Day. The recipe sounds amazing and looks delicious! I hope your knee is feeling better soon - that's no fun.

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Lynn Crum said...

The Valentines tree is beautiful. Its so funny but each time I look at your pics I see another item that I too have. I have the little heart shaped container under the tree with the two Victorian girls on it.

I am so excited to have Joe`s whimpie recipe I almost exploded! LOL....I am going to make them this weekend!

I hope your knees starts to improve soon. i know it has to be so painful!

Stay warm!
Lynn

NanaDiana said...

Lots of pretty eye candy here, Debbie. Nobody does Holidays like you do. Sorry about your knee-that does not look like it is any fun-must drive you nuts to have to sit around! I am copying over the recipe and thank The Man for it! xo Diana

fromourporchtoyours@gmail.com said...

Dear Debbie:
First of all, I hope you feel better with your knee.
But that house of yours! It looks like a magazine. Just beautiful. I keep looking those pictures over and over again.
You are truly a gifted person. So artistic!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa Rose

ourenchantedcottage.com

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

Hi Debbie- Thanks for linking up to Favorite Friday at I'm Not a Trophy Wife! I love your Valentine tree and decor! We had freezing temps last week, but not it's in the 50's in Denver! xo, laura@imnotatrophywife.com

BEAR's Mom said...

awesome room...i want to sit and have tea with you in there. love the tree and all the decos.
our cold PA weather is not good for your (our) knees for sure :(
BEAR hugs
victoria

SmilingSally said...

I have had both of my knees replaced, so I've been through the shots too. In other words . . . I feel your pain!

Happy Blue Monday, Debbie.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very pretty and so romantique! I love how your valentine tree has a bit of a nostalgic look too. However, that music is the best! I love,love,love,this melody. One of my most favorite movies. Sorry to hear about the knee, hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Jody and Stan said...

Debbie, I hope your knee is feeling better. What a beautiful Valentine Day tree in your den. So many wonderful ornaments! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Save warm!

Jody

Audrey said...

hi Debbie ... your Valentine tree is just lovely. Don't know how you have time to do all that. I do good to decorate one tree at Christmas. Sorry about your knee ... hope it get well soon.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.
Timeless Treasures

Maria Gagliano said...

WOW...I love your site. How wonderful. A valentine's tree is beautiful, the music is beautiful and the colors on your site my favorite. Enjoy the day. My blues are here

Kathy Moody said...

Your tree is gorgeous!! Everything looks beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with at A Bouquet of Talent.

XOXO
Kathy

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Your tree is beautiful and romantic! I love all the lighting in the room! I sure hope your knee feels better!
Karen

Sherry said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I love Joe's sandwiches. They sound good.
Sherry

Cafe au lait said...

Wonderful pics. Visiting late for Blue Monday. Hope you'd find time to visit mine here and here.

mail4rosey said...

Everything came out just lovely w/the Valentine's Day decorating! Visiting today from the Adorned from Above hop. :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Debbie, everything looks so warm and cozy! Love the pic with the peek of snow. Hope your knee gets better soon! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
Your Valentine tree is really sweet and I love the big bow at the top. Love the wee teacups and teapots too as well as the transferware look alikes.
I am very late visiting because we have had some computer problems for a couple of days and my back has been giving me grief since Thursday. This morning, I turned around and pulled a muscle in it and now I can hardly move.
Sounds like you're in a lot of pain too. We make a good pair!

Joe's Whimpies sound so good. I should show his recipe to my hubby. My hubby knows how to make Kraft Dinner!!

Thank you, Debbie, for your sweet words and shout out for my parties. I really appreciate it.
Have a good upcoming week, my friend, and take care of that knee.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Stacey said...

Lookin' good Debbie! Amd thanks for the recipe! I love BBQ!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Jann Olson said...

LOVE-ly Debbie! I especiall love the little teapot that looks like toile! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Gorgeous, Debbie! Thanks so much for linking up with my party this week! I'll have the new party up soon!

Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013