I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!



Monday, February 18, 2013

Shopping , Blessings and Cooking......

 Shopping

Have you hit any of the after Valentine's Day Clearance Sales????

Well, actually, I haven't but Joe did......

Joe loves to shop and  does the Food Shopping ( I HATE to shop for Food!)  and we do live right next to several of the largest Shopping Centers in our area.

At Wegman's Food Store on Sunday,  Valentine Decor was marked down to 90 % off!!!!!

Here is what he picked up for me.......

These cupcakes are from the Raz company, which I know makes a lot of great Christmas Decor.






They were 69 cents each.........marked down from $6.99!!


This cutie was 79 cents.........marked down from $7.99!!


And is sweet Bearington Bear was $2.49.........marked down from $24.99!!!!




Since I keep up my Valentine Decor for most of Feb., here is where all of these goodies ended up.......

Under the Living Room Valentine Tree.....



Look how the new Bear matches my Dapper Snowman and my cute little Love Bug Bear!!


And here is the other bear next to one bought last year on Clearance.....



And here are the cupcakes added to my Sweet Bar in the Kitchen......


They fit right in, don't you think?


 Joe was once again in Wegman's today and he came home with these....


 The bowls were 25 cents each and this is  different style of cupcake than what he bought yesterday, was 69 cents.....


This was $1.49


 The basket and the jar candle were $1.00 each


 These sweet little sock shoes were $2.00!!!


 Then Joe went to Target......

Now Joe does shop Target weekly so this was just his regular trip there......

But of course he checked out the Valentine Clearance which was 70% off......

 I trust his judgement when he buys things because after almost 35 years of marriage and 39 years of knowing me, he truly DOES know me!!

Here is what he came home with........


This was $1.50........marked down from $5.00

Look at the yellow on it...Guess where I am putting this?????


This was also $1.50...marked down from $5.00....

I may Dabble a bit with this.....


And will you feast your eyes upon these babies!!!!!

Yes, silk red ROSE lights!!

He bought the 3 sets that were left for $3.89 each from $11.97 each......


This heart box that you can see in to for $1.80.........marked down from $6.00

This is something that I may Dabble with too.......


And these 2 LOVE signs......

One is wood and felt for $1.50 from $5.00 and the other is ceramic for $2.99 from $9.99.....


And this ceramic box for $2.99 from $9.99.......


Here is the receipt.......

$23.95 for all this !!!!


I think he did pretty good, don't you?

Here is where some of these things ended up.....

Now , this is perfect in my Red and Yellow Kitchen.....


Look at these lights......


I think I am going to try to find a permanent place for these in my Kitchen ......

They are far too pretty to use only once a year....


And here is the ceramic LOVE sign in my Powder Room.....


 
And he was back at Target today.......

And brought home these things.....


These were both marked down to $3.49 each from $12.00 each......

 And they match and have yellow in them!!!  You know they will definitely be in my Kitchen!!


The these were 50% off at $4.99 each.....


 Joe will eat the candy and I will Dabble with the heart boxes!!! LOL!!

Isn't that a pretty fabric????


Have you been able to find some great things after Valentine's Day on Clearance????

I didn't even have to leave the house!!  LOL!!


 Blessings

  My life has been blessed by knowing several Lynn's........

My 2nd most popular post is about What You do and Say on your Blog May Mean to Others is about an email that I received over a year ago from Lynn Crum, who has become such a good friend.
 Lynn, unfortunately does not have a blog...

I have recently become friends with another Lynn, Lynn Cockrell, who is a fairly new blogger and her blog is Mimi Mine.  Please pay her a  visit  and tell her I sent you.....

I have had new neighbors move in who love to shop Thrift Stores and are putting a lot of time into re doing their townhouse and their names are Lynn and Vic!  Just my type of people!!

My sister's youngest daughter who is my Joey's age is also Lynn.......

And this week, I received a package......it was quite a surprise because I was not expecting this.....

This package was from a fellow Blogger , Lynn , whose Blog is Life on Weinee Ranch,
whom I became acquainted with over a year ago..... Please take some time to stop by her blog as well......

Here is what was in the package.....


These beautiful ornaments.....


And these darling little books with the pull tabs!!!!!




Then you pull the tab and the picture changes!!!!


Here is another one.....



And this is the other book......






Good Heavens, aren't those books the cutest things???  I had such fun with them!!!!

And this beautiful  beaded nativity ornament......



Isn't it stunning......

Thanks so very much, Lynn for your kindness and generosity!!  And what a delightful surprise!!

Blogging has been such a Blessing to me ...If you missed my 3rd Blog Anniversary post, please click HERE
to read about how i feel about these past 3 years....

Cooking

And Joe was cooking again this weekend....

He always gives me that look when he sees me with a camera..........


 He is making Oven Porcupines......

 A twist on the Polish dish of Piggies, Pigs in the Blanket or Galumpki's......


Usually the meat is placed in cabbage leaves and rolled.......

This is an easier way and good for those of us that can not really eat cabbage.....


And here they are finished......



They are quite tasty....... The Recipe is a Betty Crocker one......

Joe cooks but only a few dishes.......

Whimpies ( Sloppy Joe's)
Chili
Porcupines
and he makes a mean Lobster Tail

And I am grateful that he does do some cooking.....

I am used to a man cooking.......

My Dad cooked his whole life and when he retired and my Mom was still working, she had dinner waiting for HER on the table when she came home from work....

He also made a pot of soup every week for as long as my sister and I could remember.  And became an excellent baker, making apple pies better than my Mom did.....

Do your Hubbies cook??????

Well, my knee is feeling better with the rest and medication but I go back to work on Tuesday night so we will see.......
The X ray report shows a narrowing in the cartilage, possibly a tear ( not too severe as per my Dr.) so now I have to go to an Orthopedic Dr.....

I will give you a sneak peek at what I have been doing with my time off.......

I took down Valentine and Winter decorations in the Den and I am working on  St. Patty's Day Decorations......

Sneak Peak



I will show you the Den decorated for St. Patrick's Day in my next post.......

I also took down all of Christmas upstairs finally and re did my Craft Room Tree.......

Sneak Peak


 It is now decorated for Spring and Summer.....

It may be decorated for Spring and Summer but it was 12 degrees here this morning!!!  With a biting wind to boot!!

I will be sharing this tree with you by the weekend.......

My Bedroom Table, where the 4 ft. Tree was, now looks like this.....


If you missed my previous post about a strange Tale of a Tea Pot, please click HERE

And this Tree is sitting and waiting to make an appearance else where in the house for Easter.....


I have been busy, but resting my knee, but I will have a lot to share with all of you so I hope you will come back and visit soon .....

Did you enter my 3rd Blog Anniversary Giveaway yet?

If not, please click HERE...

The Deadline is Feb. 28!!

I am linking up to these great parties:

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
 Twirl and Take a Bow Party
Transformation Tuesday

What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party
  Show and Share Party

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
 Everything But The Kitchen Sink 
The Busy Bee's Blog Hop
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Inspire Me Fridays
Favorite Friday Party
Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
 What To Do Weekends
Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Flaunt It Fridays
The Feature Friday Linky Party 
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 Grace at Home Party
  Anything Goes Linky Party

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
That DIY Party 

Masterpiece Monday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




26 comments:

Penny Phillips said...

Joe is a great shopper! I love those rose lights! I haven't done any after Valentines shopping but I will when we go to Lubbock on Friday...our daughter is getting some day surgery done! I can't wait to see your St pattys day decor...I don't have any but I'll start looking! Hugs, Penny

gena said...

wow, looks like you got some great deals! I really love the Sweet Bar - too cute!!!

Glad your knee is on the road to recovery - nurses spend so much time on their feet, I can only imagine it's hard on the knees!

gena

Barbara F. said...

You got some fabulous sale items, Debbie. Joe is such a sweetie, those meatballs look delicious. I have a hankering for stuffed cabbage now, second blog in the past couple of days to mention it. Sorry to hear about your knee, didn't realize it kept you home from work. But it looks like you were very busy anyway! xo

lynn cockrell said...

Debbie, I had to smile when I clicked on to your blog in my blog roll today. I'm still having problems and haven't been able to get out and about, so it was delightful to see all the wonderful things Joe bought for you. My smile is for more than one reason. One, because Joe is obviously a gift to you from heaven and because he is such a great shopper and buys the groceries. My Glenn does the same thing. He even clips coupons, not just for food, but for Hobby Lobby(for me), etc. He doesn't cook, but he can heat things in the micro, so I am chief cook. I have a well stocked pantry(sometimes too well)because he
pays attention to what I use. I do occasionally make a list for specific things. The items Joe got for you and those you received from your sweet friend are wonderful. I haven't been able to get out yet because of the health issue I'm having, so I hope there will be some Val. Day things left. Your St. Pat's Day decor is looking really good. Thanks again for brightening my day and thanks for mentioning my blog in your post. It was so sweet of you. Bless you, Lynn

Sue@sprucelakecottage said...

Hi Debbie, Joe is certainly a great blessing to you. He is like my husband..he also likes to shop and is always bringing me home little things for our home. I especially love the apron and the rose lights. Have a good day...Debra Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! He is a smart shopper and a sweet hubby! There's nothing cuter than a man in the kitchen. I am blessed, too...my hubby cooks as much as I do! Love all the great buys and cute things and your gifts! What a fun week you've had! Give that man a Yankee dime!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Superman...He shops, he cooks, and he brings your great gifts! You must have thought it was Christmas, your man sure knows you!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

There is always so much to see here, Debbie! I sometimes forget to comment on some of it. Joe did a really good job shopping. I, too, hate grocery shopping. Matter of fact, my older son had an hour to kill today so he went for me. He LIKES it! What????

Your trees are all so lovely and I can see that you have been bitten by the St. Paddy's bug early. I have a few things for that Holiday, too.

I will go visit the new blogger you mentioned. xo Diana

Mrs R said...

Debbie, what wonderful Valentine clearance items! Joe did a great job!!! Those cupcakes look delicious but for $6.99 (pre-clearance) I don't know if I'd buy one. For 69 cents each - absolutely!

Chenille Cottage said...

Wow! You were one smart shopper, Debbie! What sweet treasures.
I, absolutely, love your Valentine's Hutch and I can't wait to see what you do for St. Patty's Day. I have a few green pretties but nothing like you do.
Thanks for sharing, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

Kim K. said...

Your joe and my Chris would do well together on the after holiday sales. Chris isn't a cook though. Perhaps joe could give him some tips. How sweet that Lynn sent you a package of treasures. I got package over the weekend from her. She's always finding things for the girls. Best wishes returning to work. Can't wait to see more of your easter and spring decorations.

Lynn Crum said...

I still think you should clone Joe! He cooks, cleans, does dishes and SHOPS! I will take a dozen! He really found some great buys on beautiful Valentines Day decor. I love the silk rose lights!

The porcupines look delicious! I will have to try those. I have made his Whimpies two times and we love them.

What wonderul gifts your other friend Lynn sent you. I just love the little books!

I am very excited to see your St. Patty decor in the den! I can already tell the china cabinet is going to be beautiful!

Im so glad your knee is doing better and you were able to get some much needed rest. Dont overdo it tonight at work.

Hugs,
Lynn

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie,
Your after finds are wonderful. How great Joe keeps an eye out for such great treasures. Love the rose lights in red. I have a set in white and love them year round.
All your trees are stunning.
What a great dish Joe made. It looks so yummy. My hubby doesn't cook except for the grill outside. He is a great warmer up in the microwave though. LOL
Hope your knee continues to feel better.
Happy Wednesday.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Debbie. You always have so many pretty things to see. I'm glad you are taking care of your knee. You got so many presents from Joe but I think he is the best present you have. Meatballs look good and all your treasures are wonderful. Take care and Happy Thursday..Judy

mail4rosey said...

Ohh, a man who shops, and cooks, and gives you that cute look in the kitchen. Things are good in the Debbie Dabble house, yes? :)

This was a fun post, and congrats on all of the deals!

I'm visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wow! Joe is a great shopper. The heart cupcakes are simply adorable!

My guy is too busy to go shopping and like me, he doesn't enjoy it that much anyway. I do however love antiquing!

Joe's Porcupines look like a recipe I do, Sweet and Sour Meatballs. And are they ever good!
Thanks for sharing this at my HOME, Debbie. It's always lovely to have you join me. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Well, my gosh, Debbie. Your Joe sure knows how to show for you!

You both contribute to decorating for all holidays in your house.

I don't do St. Patty's Day much. Have no Irish in me. But green is pretty.

Love the violin music. So serene. Susan

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Beautiful!

J said...

You have some wonderful treasures, but Joe is the BEST one of them all! My favorite find of the entire post is the rose lights. You gotta keep those up all year like you said!

Annesphamily said...

So much fun over here! We are having a mini blizzard I think! Very cold and about 5 inches of snow already! But we have not had much snow this year so it is welcomed. Dreaming of the warmer weather days!

Annesphamily said...

Oh your hubby's dish looks delicious! My hubby is an excellent cook too! He made me pancakes this morning! Yum!

Peggy Hale said...

Wow Debbie your husband is the best. The only thing my husband buys on sale is fishing baits and ammo in the sporting goods section! lol Great buys on all the Valentine things! I'm so glad your knee is getting better and what a wonderful friend to send you such a sweet package. Thanks so much linking up this week at Transformed Tuesday.
Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

Diann said...

Those lights are so cute! Okay, the question is, "do you rent Joe out?" LOL. He thrifts and cooks! The perfect man! Thank you for sharing at TTF Debbie!

The Tablescaper said...

All of the purchases are adorable, but what is most adorable is that Joe got them for you? I can't imagine!

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Great finds! I think it's awesome that Joe found such neat things!

Kathy Moody said...

Wow, what a great hubby! He did an amazing job with all of fun finds. Great post, too! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...