I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!



Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine Red and Gold in the Living Room

Well, It has been a rough week for me..... This was my week where I work 3 nights, only have one night off where I can sleep normally and then work 3 more nights. I know it doesn't sound that bad but I usually only get about 5 hours of split sleep on the days when I work so I am really a bit tired.

I am off on Sat. and Sun. nights so 2 nights sleep in a row will be nice.....

Anyway, I am finally finished with my Valentine and Winter decorating so today I want to show you my Living Room......

The Living Room is decorated with mostly Red and Gold for Valentine's Day.....

My Front Door with a pretty Valentine slate and red hearts......
My Hutch , when you first walk in the front door to the left.....
I left up the arborvitae looking greenery from Christmas and added some gold silk roses and some red heart wire garland from the Dollar Store to it.....
The garland has gold glitter on it but it doesn't show up well in the pictures.....
I used to have red  velvet rose garland on the stair railing but with me and my knee problems and Joe and his feet problems, we need the railing to hang on to so I cut up the garland and used it as swags all over the room.......
See some of the garland on top of the hutch?????


I have had the LOVE sign for a few years but this year I dabbled with it a bit and added some of the red tinsel trim that I bought after Christmas in Sam's Club .......

24 yards for $3.91!!
And I also left the battery operated LED lights on the garland....
You can see the reflection of my Living Room Valentine's Day Tree in the mirror.....
I added some of the red rose garland to this cherub that I have out year round....
Along with a heart box and a music box in this marble topped table......


And more garland and gold silk roses above the curio.....
And above the cherub plaque too.....
In the corner by the Dining Room.....
Some Red Roses and Valentine knick knacks mixed in with my regular knick knacks.....



I left all the gold linens on the tables  that I have used since the Fall.......
An arrangement of red velvet roses and gold leaves that I made for my table for our church's Harvest Tea several years ago when I did a Nutcracker theme for the Tea.....

The markings on the clothes of these sweet figures remind me of lips..........that's right....LIPS!!

LOL!

A heart box that I embellished and a vintage looking card......
And another card......
More of my Dolls.....
A heart wreath that I made on my fake window along with a Valentine plaque.....
I am probably going to make another wreath for here this weekend and use this one elsewhere.....
And a glimpse of my 4th Valentine's Day Tree.....
The gold cherubs are always on these shelves but I added the red velvet roses......
 The little oval table on the side of the chair.....
An Apothecary Jar filled with red and gold shatter proof balls from the dollar store bought at Christmas....
Another vintage style card and embellished heart....
And my 4th Valentine's Day Tree......
This is my Living Room  7 foot "Christmas" tree .......


And the vignette that I created in the corner with it......
After stripping the tree down to just 2 sets of lights after Christmas and adding several sets of red and white lights to the Tree, I decided to use this luscious red velvet ribbon  that I bought several years ago at Target after Christmas as a garland........
I think it looks very rich.....
We also removed the platform from under the Tree that I had my village on for Christmas.....

Added some heart and cherub ornaments that I have bought through out the years....

These were 20 cents each one year at Michael's on Clearance for 90 % off.........
I made the music sheet heart ornaments last year......

The gold balls with red hearts came from Pier One several years ago.....

Here is the Tree with the ornaments on it......
These gold glittered frame ornaments were bought last year on clearance at Dollar General.

I placed vintage Valentine tags that I bought on Ebay inside the frames......




A beautiful bow made from rose embossed red velvet ribbon and some pheasant feathers and red hearts as the topper for the Tree.....

Then I tucked red velvet roses with white baby's breath bought at the Dollar store , into the Tree......


There is also Victorian emphera ornaments in the shape of floral baskets on this Tree....







I wrapped some red velvet fabric that I bought at a Thrift Shop around the base of the Tree as a Tree Skirt....
And added some things around the bottom of the Tree.....

Like bears, an embellished heart candy box, a dapper snowman in a red and black velvet outfit and more heart boxes......



And of course, all lit up at night.....







These were taken during the day when I forgot to move the camera out of Candle light mode but I liked the way they looked....


And another candy box that I embellished with another bear on the chair next to the Tree......
The table next to the TV stand.......
The red roses are from Joe for my Birthday which was Jan. 31st........
But I worked my Birthday so we will celebrate it on Sunday when the boys come over for Pizza , Wings and Stromboli and I am off......

I will be doing another post about my Birthday, Live at 55!  and my 3 year blog Anniversary so I hope you will come back and visit.....
Yes, those roses are in a pitcher because I did not have an available vase that was large enough!!

LOL!

It does make it easier to carry them though.....
 Now this is my TV stand......
This big TV took the only place where I could possibly put a fire place in my small Living Room so I am going to treat the top of the stand as a mantle any more......
This is my Valentine display on top of the TV stand/Mantle!!
You may remember that I bought the aqua mercury glass candlesticks after Christmas for a little over  $2.00!
I added cute Valentine bracelets to the candlesticks........ again bought on Clearance one year.....

And I added the red velvet bow that I used to have on the stair rail to a grapevine heart shaped wreath then wrapped red heart wire garland from the Dollar store around the wreath and hung it on a wreath stand.....
You may remember this cute Valentine Post card that I just bought at the Christmas Tree Shop???

I also added some of that red tinsel trim to the edge of it to spruce it up a bit.....









And I have this sweet angel carrying a heart......
So I treated the top of the TV stand as a mantle since I now have no where to put a fire place!!!
And with the lamps lit.....

 This is the round table next to the TV stand.....
A heart shaped vase with red roses and hearts in it......
And the cute snow man that my friend, Anne Marie, gifted to me....


Another vintage Valentine card and heart box.....
 And this is the marble topped plant stand near the front door.....
And a little table behind the chair when you first walk in the Front Door.....
So that is my Living Room decorated for Valentine's Day.......
 I hope you enjoyed your tour and I hope you realize that you do not have to take down your tree after Christmas!!!

If you missed my post on my Valentine's Day tree in the Den, please click HERE

If you missed my post on my Valentine's Day decorations in the Kitchen, please click HERE

And if you missed my post on my Valentine's Day decorations in the Dining Room, please click HERE

I still have one more room to share with you where I added a touch of Valentine's Day decor too and that is my Powder Room so please come back and visit again soon.......

 I also want to Thank my friend, Kim, over at Musings from Kim K, for gifting me this sweet Valentine's Day ornament that she crafted out of the Sweet Heart Candy boxes!!
 It has found a place on my Dining Room Pink Valentine's Day Tree......
Thanks so much, Kim!!

And I won a Giveaway from Jann over at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson........

I won this lovely bottle brush tree!!!!
I haven't had time to find the perfect place for it yet out in my Den but I will......
Thanks so much, Jann!!


And every time our snow melts, we just get more.....

These are the "snow flurries" that they called for today with high temps. here in the 20's.

The ground is once again covered and Winter is still not loosening it's grip on NEPA!!

I am linking up to these great parties:

 Valentine Party with Laurie!

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
That DIY Party

Masterpiece Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
 Twirl and Take a Bow Party
Transformation Tuesday

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
 Everything But The Kitchen Sink 
The Busy Bee's Blog Hop

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspired Weekends
Inspire Me Fridays
Favorite Friday Party
Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
 What To Do Weekends
Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

27 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a bright and cheery post. You do the Holidays like NO ONE does Holidays!xo Diana

gena said...

Love the pops of red through out - very festive!

I don't know how you nurses do it, you guys are my heroes!!!!

Have a restful and fun weekend,
gena

Kim K. said...

Josie and I are looking over your pretty decorations before she goes to bed. Gorgeous, as always.

Valentine hugs!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I understand how you feel about not sleeping on mid-nights. Many a year ago I worked the midnight shift and never could sleep. I'd be falling asleep at work and when I go home I was wide awake, would go for days with so little sleep. Is it because you can't stay asleep? You home is so beautifully decorated for valentine's. I could also relate to your needing your handrail free to grab on to, hubs and I sleep upstairs and the handrail gets me up and down safely. I love the red velvet ribbon it just is so pretty and makes you tree in your living room so beautiful.

Thank you for your sweet words about our losing our precious Bo. I also swear I hear him, by the window, I look for where he always laid as we came in from outside, surprised he's not there.

I am so sorry about your loss of Savannah, missing them never goes away! But someone recently said to me they are our Angels in heaven watching over us. I like that thought, and gave me comfort, hopefully it will give you the same.

Take care the both of you. See you soon!

Penny Phillips said...

Happy belated Birthday! You have the same birthday as my grandaughter, Kyleigh! She was 6 on the 31st and her party is tomorro. The roses Joe sent you are gorgeous...I love red roses! Your Valentine decorations are just beautiful and I love the way you left your trees up...what a great idea! Hugs, Penny

lynn cockrell said...

Such beautiful pictures! Thanks for, once again, sharing your lovely home and thoughts with us.

Susan said...

Lovely decorations, Debbie. WOw wow wow. It looks like Valentine's Day at your house! Nice job!

And ohhhhh, your lovey dolls. The one is the turquoise makes me smile. Susan

Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Debbie! Your roses are so beautiful! There is nothing like a bouquet of deep red roses. Love your Valentine tree too. You are an exquisite decorator, Debbie.
xo Beth

GinaBVictorian said...

Hi Debbie, It all looks so pretty. I recognize alot of Michael's merchandise! The postcard of the two cherubs is just like the one I showed on my latest post. How funny! Gina

Barbara F. said...

You have a true Holiday House, Debbie. Such great spirit. And working crazy shifts, too. A-MAZE-ing! I love your heart wreath with the red and white roses, with the big red blow edged in white. Happy Birthday, too! Enjoy your two days off and get some much needed sleep. xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have no idea how you work full time and get all of this done...super woman, and nights are a killer!! I love it all and the red ribbon on the tree is perfect, congratulations on your win, it is perfect for you!

Carol

Mary Ann said...

I am amazed at your home. I can't begin to fathom how you do all this and work full time. Just taking and posting the pictures must take you hours.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I think I shall name you the Valentine Queen! You amaze me. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

✿Carol✿ said...

Your schedule sounds exhausting, Debbie. I don't know how you do it, and it's no wonder you're tired!
Love your gorgeous Valentine's Day decorations. You are most definitely the Holiday Queen!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Maureen said...

Okay, you win the prize for the most Valentines Day decor.

Ever.

Actually, you probably win for the most Every-Season-Decor-Ever!!!

Astounding! I don't know how you do it on your schedule. I barely have a few little elements of red out so far... and I do a straight 9-5 job. I just may move it all to our fireplace mantle.

Speaking of which, now that you have your "mantle", all you need is a DVD of a fireplace fire to view on the TV and voila! Instant fireplace! ;)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Debbie, Everything is wonderful and I especially love the Valentine tree. I hope you got some sleep and I appreciate you sharing your pretty decor at the Open House party. xx, Sherry

Jennifer Sestak said...

Wowza! That is some heavy duty decorating! Very nice. (popping over from Sarah's homemaking link up)

Marium said...

Hi, new follower here. Beautiful photos. You put so much love and dedication into making your home beautiful. Very inspiring.
Marium
www.decoratevintage.blogspot.com

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
Your tree is very pretty and the red roses are beautiful! I honestly don't know how you do it, with your job. You must have an excess amount of energy. Thanks for sharing Debbie and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

I'm amazed at how much you accomplished with the shift work you do! I love the idea of reusing the Christmas tree as a Valentine's Day tree.

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Gorgeous, as usual! I noticed on your sidebar that you're a big Doctor Who fan! Yay...so are we!

Have a nice night!
Sarah

Between Blue and Yellow said...

WOW, that is some room! Your home looks so cozy, great job!

Diann said...

Well Happy Belated Birthday Debbie! So many pretty things! The "Love" sign is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a wonderful day!

Holly Lefevre (504 Main) said...

Your decor always makes me smile - so many treasures and so well put together. I am featuring this post on my Valentines Round Up.

Peggy Hale said...

Debbie I have no idea how you are able to work and decorate your home so lovely and not be exhausted! I hope you are getting some much needed rest this weekend. I love this red and gold Valentines room. I love all the gold cherubs that you say stay up year round. So pretty. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

Jody and Stan said...

Debbie, Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love everything, the Valentine Tree is gorgeous! Happy Valentine's to you and Joe!


Jody

city said...

thanks for share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...