I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine Crafts Over the Years

First I want to Thank Deb over at Lavender Garden Cottage for featuring my post,
 Pink Valentines in the Dining Room, from last week's Cottage Style Party!
And Thanks to Jody and Stan over at Rooted in Thyme for also featuring the same post,
 Pink Valentines in the Dining Room, from last week's Simple and Sweet Fridays Party!
Thanks Deb and Jody & Stan!!!

Please stop by and visit and link up to these awesome parties!!

Today I am going to  share some Valentines Craft with you that I have made over the years........
I embellished this cute book box......
Here it is on my buffet in the DR......
Tag ornaments......
Embellished these heart ornaments bought at a Flea Market....
I made these ornaments......
I placed Valentine Tags inside these picture frame ornaments.....
Wreaths that I made.......
Red Roses added to a small White Tree
Boxes that I embellished.....
 A LOVE sign that I glittered up a bit.....
 More embellishments....
These I made....
 And I simply added heart paper doilies behind my Cookie magnets on the refrigerator for a bit more impact...
This was a children's bracelet bought for 25 cents on Clearance at Target one year.....
And I just had to show you a close up of this sweet Valentine Angel.......
As I mentioned in past posts, my valentine Decor will stay up until the beginning of March......


 In my last post, I shared with you all the snow that we have had lately.  If you missed it , please click HERE

This was a huge problem that I mentioned.....
All the icicles that are dripping water on the sidewalk in front of our house.

It has been in the 30's causing more dripping........

Joe is working hard trying to keep chopping the ice so no one ( mainly me) breaks their neck out there!!!
And we did get a few more inches of snow again and once again, I drove home from work on snow covered roads!!!
BUT.......

The icicles are gone for now because an owner of 8 townhouses ( who rents them out) in our development paid a guy to come and knock all the icicles down on his properties so Joe also paid this guy to knock ours down too!!

And no one was stabbed by falling icicles!!!

A Huge warm up next weekend is only creating fear of flooding here and more snow to come on Monday!!!  Of course, when I go back to work!!!  UGH!

Thank God I am not afraid to drive in snow.... I am afraid of the people who do not know how to drive in snow......


www.debbie-dabble.blogspot.com

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:

 SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Sunday's Best Partay!


WEDNESDAY
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
This and That Thursdays 
  Creative Things Thursday

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
 Fridays Unfolded Linky Party 
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party
 Fabulous Friday Link Party

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays

Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
  Check Me Out Saturdays
Say G' Day Saturday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



24 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You have certainly created some beautiful things over the years, Debbie, but my favorite has to be that book box. It is just gorgeous!!!!

We have the same kind of snow and ice here, too. I am glad that someone was able to take care of the icicles for you. Somethings are just worth paying to have done. We pay to have our property plowed because we have such a long driveway and then a cul de sac in the back that holds tons of snow....literally! xo Diana

Butterfly In The Attic said...

Beautiful collection of handmade Valentine decorations. Thank you for sharing!

Barbara F. said...

You have a very beautiful collections of handmade Valentines as well as store bought. this has been one wicked winter, Debbie. Driving in snow never bothered me when I was working, but now, forget it. Stay safe and warm. xo

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You have amazing talent and created a wonderful collection of Valentines decorations. All of that prettiness must make the outside snow a little easier to take

Marilyn said...

Your handiwork is delightful! I, too, can drive safely in the snow, but as you mentioned it is a problem when others can not slow down and think when they are behind the wheel. Four wheel drive does not mean a car/pickup is able to perform when an idiot is driving. Be careful walking, my friend.♥♫

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow, Debbie, such gorgeous crafts,
you really know you stuff! Hope your day was happy. Be safe out there!
Hugs,
Patti

DJAjewels said...

What a great collection of Valentine crafts you have created over the years Debbie! And so glad to hear you might start thawing out soon - hope it doesn't flood for you. Thanks so much for sharing and visiting!
Irene

Susan Clayton said...

I was wondering if you made all those lovely hearts. My favorite is the Valentine boxes you dressed up. I was tempted to buy a few heart boxes post VD but was afraid the chocolate INSIDE the boxes would be a bigger temptation. Usually I can resist chocolate, but being cooped up so much lately... you know what that can lead to! We have a lot of snow too, but frankly I think the lack of proper snow removal and inconsiderate drivers are the big problem! We have a neighbor who parks her car on THE SAME PATCH of ice over and over again...gets stuck every time, but can't figure out why, even thought neighbors have repeated helped her and explained NOT to gun the engine, but to get one of her 3 strapping teenage sons to gently rock the car as she applies a little gas.... She guns that engine until her spinning wheels smoke and you can smell burnt rubber. Oh, well. Naught as queer as folk, as my grandmother would say.
Blessings to you, and Angels to protect you from crazy drivers to and fro work!

Alessandra said...

Wow..Debbie! YOur Valentine's collection is adorable. I love especially the tags
Kisses
Alessandra

PJ said...

I've got to say, the icicles are pretty impressive to look at. I agree about driving in the snow. Gotta watch out for the other guy. Be safe.

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Your handmade heart ornaments are just gorgeous Debbie, and what a great idea to put Valentine tags in your mini picture frames! I hope the ice and snow will be gone from your area soon...hugs, Penny

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh my, I love everything!! Valentine's decorations are so beautiful. I think I love your crochet heart with red roses the most!!! So very lovely. I think I have a few ideas for next year. You are so talented and everything is fabulous. Hugs, Beverly

The Tablescaper said...

Love the decorations on the chandelier. Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

lynn cockrell said...

Debbie, all of your Valentine's are so pretty! I especially like the tag ornaments hanging from the chandelier and the up-cycled boxes you decorated. So pretty-everything! You all are really having a terrible time with the snow. Our problem has been with the ice on power lines. Schools are still closed in Aiken County because many have no power, still.

I am grateful that our power has been restored and all our family are safely back in their own nests!

I hope I didn't miss very much on the blogs while power was out. The
Grow Your Blog party at Vicki's has been fun and I am still making my way through the list of bloggers.

Be safe, warm and happy, my dear friend!

Marianne said...

Debbie, I loved all of your Valentine hanging ornaments.

Blessings,
Marianne

Holly Lefevre (504 Main) said...

That is a lot of snow! WOW! I love seeing your beautiful Valentines decor and all of your amazing talent.

Kim Poovey said...

Lovely Valentines! I hope you guys are thawing out:).

Blessings,

Kim

Dawn WeCallItJunkin said...

Debbie, those icicles look dangerous, I've never seen such icicles! I'm glad they're gone now! Very pretty things you've made there. Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party this week! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Diann said...

Everything is so pretty Debbie! and I have to say, I am seriously crushing on your chandy!! Thank you for sharing at TTF this week. have a wonderful weekend my friend...and Joe too! :)

Mom E. said...

I love your valentine decor! Hearts are my FAVORITE, hence my blog name, Betsy's Heartstrings. I also love that you show valentine decor on an evergreen, I keep my artificial Christmas tree up through February. The beginning of January, I take off the specific Christmas ornaments and keep on the hearts, snowmen and other winter ornaments. Then the end of January I take off the snowmen and have just Everyone thinks I am crazy...but I don't care! I love it!
hugs,
Betsy

Gaye Christmus said...

Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real hop. We hope you'll join us again this week.

Nicky Omohundro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicky Omohundro said...

These are pretty Valentine's Day decorations Debbie. I'd love to leave my tree up but my hubby would have a fit. I'm stopping by from the Let's Get Real Friday link party. That's so much for linking up and sharing this with us. I hope you'll join us again on Friday.

Sarah Coller said...

Hi Debbie!
I don't think I ever told you that Lynzie shared your tag ornament idea with the girls at her birthday party last year and they all made one to take home. They're super cute---thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013