I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Michael's Grab Bags, Clearance Buys & More Valentine Crafting!

I, again, was fortunate to hit Micheals on the day they made up their Grab Bags using the left over Valentines merchandise that did not sell at 90% off!!!!!!!

I bought 7 Bags at $2.00 each and I would say that I came home with a few Hundred of Dollars of Goodies!!!

Yep!!  I hit Pay Dirt this time!!!!!

 Bag #1
2 memory boxes

 Bag #2
2 more memory boxes

 Bag #3
All Kinds of Stickers and Kits......

 Bag #4
13 strands of heart garland , originally $5.99 each!!!!!

Bag #5
A whole bunch of Goodies!!!!!!

These are 15 packs of Cupcake decorations.......

Stickers for crafting......
More stickers, heart ornaments to craft and rhinestones.......
Holographic pink hearts that i am sure I can embellish!!
Aren't these cute Bear Craft kits cute?  There was 8 of these!!!

 Bag # 6
6 more strands of heart garland!!
15 packs of Wired Heart garland!!!
4 light up Heart Necklaces!!!
More Rhinestones and Valentines Cards!!
A different type of Heart Garland!!

Bag #7
6 bags of  stickers and a cute little bag....

Now don't you think that I made quite a Haul for $14.00????

I will be keeping some for myself and sharing the wealth with my co-worker who has 4 grandchildren, my great niece and my friend, Anne Marie!!

Clearance Buys.......

Joe buy these things at Wegman's for 90% off.......

An Apron for a little over $1.00!!
I was able to now hang it here because I already have one from last year and hung that one on the other hook in my Kitchen.......
 A new addition to my Valentine's Bears.......
 A sweet Bearington Bear dressed in a Squirrel Costume holding a hear that Says" Nuts About You"!!
 He was regularly $24.99 and was bought for $2.49!!!

And  a sweet Ganz plush cupcake.........
 Originally $12.99, bought for $1.29!!!

And I have been getting ready for the Craft Fair that I am Co- Chairing and also a Vendor in.

I decided I would make up some Valentine's Day Crafts to take along even though the Holiday is over.

Here is what I made up:

One large Valentine's Wreath......
 Made with Red & White Velvet Roses and Hearts.......
 And a smaller Heart Wreath......
 I embellished some Candy Heart Boxes that I bought on Clearance over the years and Joe ate the candy........
I liked the one on the right so much that I added some vintage Valentines Tags to an existing heart box that I had under my LR Valentines Tree..........
 And decided to keep it to match the other one!!

This is a box to keep Valentines in .....
The heart in the center is clear so you can see the Valentines through it!!

And I made a few Heart Plaques from some red wood hearts that I had........
 And I liked this one so much that I ended up keeping it and displaying it in the hallway downstairs on the mirror!!
Last year, I was also fortunate to hit Michaels when they made up their Grab Bags filled with Valentines Day merchandise and a few bags were filled with these cute boxes , which I now embellished.......
And a bunch of these plaques which I also Dabbled with......
And this is a paper mache heart box that I kept and will find it a home in among my DR Valentine Decorations.......
 I'll also be making some St. Patrick's Day Wreaths, Easter Wreaths , Patriotic Wreaths and Garden and Beach Wreaths in preparation for the Craft Fair.

 I am began taking down my indoor Winter and Valentines decorations this weekend but since Easter is so late this year, I am in no hurry..........

Joe said that maybe if I got rid of all the Snow Men in the house it would stop snowing......

And apparently, that has worked because we only got about an inch of snow instead of the 6-10 inches which was originally predicted from the latest East Coast Storm !!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

www.debbie-dabble.blogspot.com

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:


WEDNESDAY
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Rednesday  Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
  Tablescape Thursday 
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
This and That Thursdays 
 Creative Things Thursday

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
 Fridays Unfolded Linky Party 
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party
 Fabulous Friday Link Party

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
  Check Me Out Saturdays 
Say G' Day Saturday

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Sunday's Best Partay! 

 MONDAY
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 The DIY'ers 
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 

 TUESDAY
Treasure Box Tuesday 
 History and Home Party 
Do Tell Tuesdays
  A-Zebra Linky party Tuesdays 
 Cottage Style Linky Party 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


28 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You really hit the jackpot with your grab bags. Love all the things you've put together for your craft show. Your embellished Valentine boxes are lovely. I put away all my snowmen too last weekend. It hasn't stopped snowing yet though.

TeenaBugg38 said...

WhAT A HAUL!!!I am insanely jealous!! I love valentines day because I collect anything heart related (My birthday is feb 15 so that may be why I a such a hopeless romantic....lol) Our Michaels doesn't do this....grrrrr. I'd love that garland...it would be in my room year round...lol. Have a great day! Love seeing what you made!

Marilyn said...

I'm not in Michael's enough to know if the ones around here do grab bags. They are all more than 40 miles away. It is a good thing, though, or I'd be there every day! I understand you got that cute bear for $2.49, but you might want to see the number on your blog. Fingers fly faster than my brain, so I know how it happens (all the time for me). Lucky people that you share with--the little ones might even grow up to be fabulous crafters like you!♥♫

Denise said...

So much fun for You Debbie :) I love what You've done with all Your goodies,esp. the first wooden heart plaque.I think it's My fave.

Grammy Goodwill said...

WOW! I am so envious of your Valentine goodies. We had 2 feet of snow. By the time I got out of the house, there was nothing left.

Alessandra said...

How many beautiful finds! The hearts are gorgeous and very romantic.
Kisses
Alessandra

NanaDiana said...

I can't believe all the stuff you found and the bargain you got, Debbie. I like your wreaths and boxes you decorated. You do a nice job. Hope you have a wonderful week. Looks like Joe was right abot the snowmen! xo Diana

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Call the cops....Debbie got another steal of a deal...lol! You are the best shopper I know...love all your loot! I hope spring comes soon for you ...I am looking forward to visiting your gorgeous back yard! Hugs, Penny

Karen said...

Fantastic grab bags, Debbie! And I love your craft sale items, those wreathes are gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with your new supplies.

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi and wow Debbie did you luck out with all of your buys! I can't wait to see you St. Patricks Day, Easter and Patriotic Wreaths! Have a wonderful weekend and take care.
Julie

Holly Lefevre said...

I LOVE the grab bags! That sweet bear in the squirrel costume is too cute!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hi! Fun blog! I actually came across it looking for ideas for St. Patrick's Day. Glad I found you!
Jill

Kate Danielle said...

This is so great I had no idea they did this. I will be on the lookout! I saw your post on a Vision to Remember Link Party!

LV said...

You definitely were a winner when you grabbed these bags.

Michelle Pitts said...

Wow...wish shops did grab bags in Australia...but if they did they would still want at least $10 each...so great score. HPS Michelle

lynn cockrell said...

Debbie, you certainly did hit the jackpot! Every thing is so pretty. You made some really great items for the Craft Fair. I hope it all sells and that the fair will be a smashing success! Joe found some really great things, too. The bear-squirrel is just too cute!

One More Time Events said...

Wow Debbie you really made out ! Thank you for sharing. Hugs Tammy

Misty Van Staaveren said...

Wow!! I've never seen grab bags at Michaels! What a great deal! Thanks for sharing at This~N~That Thursday at Through the Dutch Door!

Bevin Fritz-Waters said...

Wow! Great FInds!

Art and Sand said...

I did not know that Michael's did grab bags. I will have to check it out and find out when they do those bags.

What a score for you!

Crystelle Boutique said...

Wow! You scored big! Great treasures. Valentines day next year will be AMAZING!!

Happy St. Patties!! :)
x Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Linda said...

What a beautiful and fun collection here! And fantastic, unbeatable prices, too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Major score on the Valentine decor! You will have many crafts to make I can tell. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

Gaye Christmus said...

Wow, what a haul! Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real Party. We hope you'll link up with us again this week.

Dawn WeCallItJunkin said...

You sure got some good deals! I love the aprons. Thank you for sharing this at History & Home this week, take care. Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Wow Debbie, you hit the jackpot! Your friends will be thrilled your sharing with them! Thanks so much for being a part of Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Tonna Peters said...

Super cute stuff! My favorite is the cupcake! Thank you for sharing at The Submarine Sunday Link Party!

Laura Turner said...

What fun, Debbie! I love that you always use what you buy in such creative ways. Those little heart boxes are scrumptious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013